Monday, January 31, 2011

We're Having Fish Tonight!

 have a confession: I don't think I've ever had a fish taco, until tonight!
I've had a freezer full of halibut from this summer and I figured I ought to start using it sometime... so today for my dinner group I made fish tacos mmmmm:

Cilantro-Lime Fish Tacos:

Make the following marinade and let it marinate for at least 15 minutes, I let it soak for 45-ish which was great:
1/2 c Lime Juice
1/2 c EVOO
3/4 c Minced Cilantro
1 tsp cumin
8 cloves of garlic, minced
4 lbs halibut



Heat 2 Tbsp EVOO over medium high till it's shimmering. Cook fish without disturbing it for 3 minutes. Flip and cook on second side for 2-3 more minutes till it flakes.

Remove to plate, season with salt and let rest for a few minutes. Shred into bite-sized peices with 2 forks.


Assemble on flour tortillas with cilantro cream, tomatoes, chopped green onions and shredded red cabbage.
Look how good this looks with all the colors!



For cilantro cream sauce:
Juice of 3 limes (about 6 Tbsp)
1/2 cup minced cilantro
18 oz greek yogurt or sour cream
4 cloves of garlic minced
pepper to taste

Then...
Cilantro Lime Rice (are you sensing a pattern? Luckily everyone in my dinner group likes the combo)
2 cups of rice- cooked by directions with 1 tsp salt.
While rice is cooking mix in a blender or food processor:
4 Tbsp Water
1 C cilantro
4 Tbsp Lime Juice
2 Tbsp EVOO
2 Cloves garlic
When Rice is done mix the cilantro lime mixture into it it and fluff with a fork.

No comments:

Post a Comment