Monday, January 31, 2011

Mom's Molasses Cookies


I've been craving Molasses cookies for the past couple of days. But in my extreme laziness I didn't want to ball my own cookies. So I found out that a girl in my ward has a cookie scoop, and I borrowed it and so I made these delicious molasses cookies:


 3/4 c butter (I did 1/2 c butter, 1/4 c shortening)
1 c brown sugar
1/4 c molasses
1 egg
2 1/4 c flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp soda
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cloves (I didn't have any, so I didn't put any in and it was fine!)

Cream butter and sugar. Add molasses and egg. Mix in dry ingredients. Refrigerate for one hour (I know, a whole hour, but it's important). Roll into balls and roll in cinnamon sugar. (I just did sugar and it's good).
Bake at 375* for 8 to 10 minutes. Then... PERFECTION.

No comments:

Post a Comment