Monday, January 31, 2011

No Ice Cream Machine, Ice Cream

Easy Homemade Ice Cream without a Machine


Here's the recipe:
from Kevin and Amanda


2 cups heavy cream
1 (14 oz.) Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
Your chosen toppings!
Whip heavy cream to stiff peaks in large bowl.

Whisk sweetened condensed milk, and your chosen toppings in a large bowl.



Mix well. Fold in whipped cream.

Pour into a 2-quart container and cover. Freeze 6 hours or until firm. Store in freezer.



EASY- PEASY! Right? The hardest part is waiting for 6 hours!


I decided that I wanted a blueberry crisp ice cream, so I mixed in a little more than a cup of blueberries (could have used more) and *then* I made my own crisp topping. 

(I mixed a few tbsp of butter, some oats, some flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in a pan on the stove and waited till it got that crispy look, then cooled it on wax paper (and broke up the big chunks) mixed this into the sweetened condensed milk. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment