Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Rolo Cookies

Today I needed some sheets put on my bed, and also a Dr. Pepper, but didn't want to go down to the basement for the 500th time in 15 minutes. So I asked B to go for me (I know, lazy). He told me yes, if I would make him some of "those yummy fudgy cookies you gave me and K at lunch the other day". He was talking about these.

Seriously, they are amazing, and not just for sentimental reasons, mostly because they are delicious. But they do make me think of this place:

and of these people:

And those are some very, very happy thoughts.

The cooks made us these cookies super often. Once a week maybe... Definitely not often enough! You should make these cookies, and then tell me how awesome they are. I, on the other hand, am going to be making these cookies with my kids this time (the last batch I made with my cute friend Meagan, and they were delicious, and I ate like half a batch by myself! And I have a hard time even feeling bad about it.)



Description:
YUMMY!!!

Ingredients:
2 1/2 Cups Flour
1 t. Baking Soda
1 Cup Butter
2 t. Vanilla
2 T. Sugar
3/4 Cups Cocoa
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Brown Sugar

2 Eggs
48 Rolos (You can also use the caramel filled kisses... I imagine that you could come up with some pretty delicious combinations I'm thinking the mint filled kisses....)


Directions:
Combine flour, cocoa, and soda. Set aside.   Beat sugar (both kinds) and butter until blended.   Add eggs and vanilla. Add dry mixture. Shape into small balls. Press Rolos in each center of ball and cover with dough.   Roll in (the 2 T.) sugar.   Bake on un-greased cookie sheet for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees.

Number Of Servings:Makes 4 dozen (The number of rolos in a bag-- ish, convenient, huh?



No comments:

Post a Comment