Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Butterfingers Popcorn and some craftiness

So, once upon a time, a long long time ago, this summer, I had a hankering to make and eat something I'd seen on Sister's Cafe. It was white chocolate popcorn with M&M's in it. And let me tell you, we all thought it was AMAZING! (We is me, Amy, the girls, the girls at the inn, everyone!) Anyway, I've had some left over white chocolate from my valentines day dessert but didn't have any M&M's, but I DID have a Butterfingers bar. And then the genius struck. (Side note: I also have a friend who's been having a rough time and well, my language of love is baking/cooking)

It's so easy!
Here's what you'll need:
1 Bag of popcorn (I like the extra butter kind... but it's even good with the 'healthy' kind)
1 butterfingers bar
3 bricks of almond bark white chocolate

Pop 2 bags of popcorn. Meanwhile chop the chocolate up then melt it in 30 second intervals at 50% power till it's about half melted. Then you can just keep stirring and the rest of it should melt.
While that's going on, chop up your butterfingers bar. as small as you want your pieces (I did mine pretty fine and I liked it that way).
Then, you just mix it all together in a big bowl (popcorn first, then white chocolate then the butterfingers)
Mix it up then dump it onto a sheet of parchment paper to let set!

While the popcorn was drying, I got crafty :) I have 4 different pirouette cans leftover from different projects that I've been saving for the most perfect occasion: today!
I just took the cans, and covered them with scrapbook paper and decorated them, and filled them with the hardened popcorn (but definitely I tried some first... so yummy!)

Here's the finished product:



Wouldn't you be happy to get one of these on your door? 

2 comments:

  1. um heck yes i would love to get that on my front door. it's so cute. you're such a great friend. GO YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh for cute! I want some! With homemade popcorn I'm not allergic too... Lol.

    ReplyDelete