Monday, March 21, 2011

Star Wars Cookies

I (Rachel) am a huge nerd and absolutely love anything Star Wars. I have been pining over the starwars cookie cutter set from the moment I saw it. My wanting paid off when for Christmas my mom bought me the set! 










 



I'm going to be completely honest when I tell you mine did not turn out this cute. Due to my inability to count, I over mixed the royal icing and it turned out super thick. Lesson learned.As a heads up, this is an all day or two day project.

Here's the recipe:
Sugar Cookies
Ingredients
1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
2 cups white sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth with hand mixer. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt by hand. Cover. Chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit . Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with your fancy Star Wars cookie cutters. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely

My mom threw away my recipe (huge sad face) so I don't have the icing recipe. It's just your standard royal icing recipe...
On a side note, if you don't want to fork out the dough (haha) for these cookie cutters, the recipe works great with any cookie cutter. Valentine's Day, Christmas, Easter...Go wild! They don't spread out and turn into blob-like shapes as they bake. Here are my cookies :



2 comments:

  1. Decorating cakes and cookies looks so easy, but whenever I try fancy things like this it turns out awful! So, I've stopped trying for the time being lol! Yours turned out really cute! B and his brothers would love these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel-- You are so cute! I am super jealous of your cookie cutters, and the cookies you have in your house right now!

    ReplyDelete