Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines Dinner

You should be so jealous of my dinner group tonight. For real... It was DELICIOUS!

Heart Shaped Bacon Cheddar Meatloaf:

3/4 c milk
1 egg
1/2 c onion, chopped
1 T Worcestershire sauce (We call it woo sauce at my house)
Garlic (I just sprinkled powder b/c I was too lazy to chop up a clove of garlic or three, but just as much as you want.)
1 cup cheddar cheese
1/2 c oatmeal
3 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 lb ground beef

Mix the milk and egg, add the rest of the ingredients and mix well before adding the meat. I just went ahead and used my hands to mix it all up. I refrigerated it all night (to limit the amount of prep needed with only an hour to get ready before people showed up.)
Break the meat mixture into 8 loafs, and I made mine heart shaped (because it's valentine's day for Pete's sake!) and place them in a pan-- 8 fit comfortably in a 9x13, I however multiplied this recipe a few times for dinner group.

Then mix:
2/3 c ketchup
1/2 c brown sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp Mustard

Brush over the heart shaped beauties in your pan and pop them in a 350* oven for 45 minutes. Brush some extra sauce over the top when they are finished cooking.

Serve with baked potatoes with pink sour cream, broccoli, salad, etc. It's a beautiful thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment