Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Let them eat Cake...

One day, we were eating dinner, and there was a knock on the door. I forced the kids to stay seated and I answered it. It was my neighbor and his then 6 year old son. With a little prompting from his dad, Zach said in one breath "Miss Emily, would you make my birthday cakes? I want one with Thomas and one with Lego Prince of Persia Sands of Time like this picture." Then he showed me a Prince of Persia Lego set instruction manual. This was long before his actual birthday (maybe a month in advance). The Thomas cake was for his family party and the Prince of Persia for his friend party.

Here's how the Thomas one came out-- it made me want to have a boy child who loved Thomas so I could make them this cake:






Tell me that's not adorable!

Also, it was my friend's daughter's birthday, so I made her cupcakes too... (I just like baking, ok?) And they turned out SUPER CUTE! I just used extra frosting from the Thomas cake, so there are some funky colors (like where the blue and red frostings were next to each other...) but how cute are these owls? 



I especially like the ones with the pretzel rod twig! It's sweet, chocolaty, salty, gummy, delicious and super easy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment