Friday, October 7, 2011

Green Chile Chicken Soup

With the cold weather on its way, I decided it was time for some yummy soup. I had researched a lot of recipes online, but none of them were exactly what I was wanting to eat. Plus they are portioned for, like, a restaurant. There are only two of us so here are the portions I used. I tend to not measure things with measuring cups or spoons so here is my best estimate at how to make this yummy soup.

1 cooked chicken breast, chopped or shredded
1 can chicken broth
1 can (the tiny 3.5 oz can) diced green chiles
1 can (I think it was a 10 oz can) green chile enchilada sauce
1/2 can of water
1/2 of a lime's juice
1 can white beans (I used great northern beans)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon cumin

dash of pepper and salt
*Sour cream, shredded cheese, and chips to garnish

Add all of it into a pot and heat thoroughly.

It is delish! As a side note, you can add cilantro to the soup, but the hubs and I do not like it so we chose to omit it. Similar recipes use rice, once again due to preference we used beans. From the peanut gallery (i.e. my husband) he recommended more chicken (he likes his soup chunky, like chili) and less lime (he doesn't like lime...) but I thought it turned out just great!

No comments:

Post a Comment