Saturday, September 17, 2011

Muffin tins: one of the world's best inventions.

Last night was the Air Force Birthday Ball. My boss being active duty AF, she and her husband went. Somehow, I got voluntold to have a pizza/ice cream party at our house with all the neighborhood kids. There were 4-5 little boys, and one little girl running wild around the house last night.
Wednesday, when I did the shopping, I picked up 3 cartons of ice cream; chocolate, vanilla and cookie dough. Yesterday, as I prepared for the party, I remembered seeing this on Pinterest:
Ice cream in a cupcake pan
source

I thought it was brilliant and worth a try. So I scooped 4 of each flavor into a lined muffin tin. I popped it in the freezer and several hours later when it was time for ice cream I just pulled out the muffin tin and told the kids they could have two scoops of different flavors. 

I popped the balls of ice cream into the plastic bowls (you don't think I'm crazy enough to want to do all those dishes, do you?) And the kids decorated to their heart's contents (whipped cream, sprinkles, chocolate syrup... the goods). 

My bosses even came home and were impressed with my ingenuity. (Thank you pinterest!)  

The upshot is: next time you have a party with lots of *super patient* children, give this a try. Brilliant I tell you. Brilliant.  

No comments:

Post a Comment