Thursday, September 15, 2011

Fruit Pizza

Fruit pizza is one of our family's favorite desserts and I like to use it as my go-to dessert when we have company. There isn't any specific measurements I use, but after eye-balling it this past weekend this is what I came up with:

1 1/2 rolls sugar cookie dough (yes, you can make the dough, this is just WAY faster)
2 lbs strawberries
2 bananas
3 kiwis
1/2 package cream cheese (4 oz)
1/2 tub whipped cream
1 yoplait yogurt (I prefer peach or lemon)

First, set out your cream cheese and cookie dough for about 30 min so that they are soft enough to work with.
Roll out your cookie dough onto a cookie sheet until it covers the entire thing. Bake as directed BUT keep an eye on it. You may have to adjust to cooking time but it takes about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool.
In a medium sized bowl combine your cream cheese, whipped cream, and yogurt. Once the cookie has cooled, spread it evenly across the entire cookie.
I like to wait until the end to cut my fruit so that it all stays nice looking. Cut your strawberries horizontally (so they make circles) and layer those first. Then cut and layer on your bananas, followed by your cut up kiwis. I personally like to add berries on top, but most of my family doesn't like that. It does add nice coloring to add raspberries and blueberries.
Slice and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment