Salted caramel cream cheese frosting:
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature (soft - but not super soft)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 10oz salted caramel, divided
- fleur de sel or sea salt
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese and butter, mixing on medium speed until just smooth and combined. Add the vanilla and sugar, and mix on low speed until combined. Add almost all of the the salted caramel - reserve about 2 oz for drizzling (you may have to heat it up to make sure it's viscous enough to pour into the frosting mixture). Mix on medium until the caramel is fully incorporated into the frosting. Don't overmix - you want a thick, creamy consistency for easy spreading/piping.